Questions & Answers for Apple USB SuperDrive
515 Questions from the Community
which apple Drive suport Blu-Ray format
- Asked by Shahriar Z from Ny
- Apr 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (which apple Drive suport Blu-Ray format)
Macs do not Natively support Blu-Ray. You would need to buy and external Blu-Ray drive and install Blu-Ray software from the internet
- Answered by Jake M from Gettysburg
- Apr 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (which apple Drive suport Blu-Ray format)
how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac
Just got the new 27 inch iMac and purchased SuperDrive. Nothing happens when I plug in USB to Mac. What am I doing wrong?
- Asked by Mary B from Akron
- Jul 28, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac)
Plug and play. There will be no Icon on the screen until you insert a DVD, CD, Install disk. That is my experience and I have two different Mac computers I use it on. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Bryce F from Elgin
- Aug 9, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac)
what software do I need to burn CDs with a Super Drive
- Asked by Charles J G from Downingtown
- Feb 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what software do I need to burn CDs with a Super Drive)
NO, it is NOT designed for that purpose, it is Only to be used with the MacBook Air, Pro with Retina Disp and the Mac Mini.
An IPAD does NOT have a USB Port. it would had been ideal if it did, but it does not. A choice Apple made while designing the product.
if you are looking for a way to access big files on your IPAD, i beleive Seagate has an External Hard Drive, which goes by the name of "Wi-Drive", which can Stream contents over a WI-FI network and share it with a iOS product, such as IPAD, IPhone and Ipod Touch.
- Answered by Thomas B from Richmond
- Jun 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will the apple USB Superdrive work with the new ipad)
Does it work with an older macbook air?
Some of the answers indicate this new portable superdrive will work with any mac that does not have a superdrive built in. That indicates it should also work with an older Macbook Air. However, if it works with an older Macbook Air why doesn't it work on any Mac? I have an older iMac that has a superdrive that won't work properly because it was switched to to many locations. Instead of buying a new superdrive for it I would have liked to purchase the portable superdrive since my iMac will require replacing within the year and it makes more sense to buy this drive now so I already have it to go with the new iMac.
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Nov 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
will apple usb superdrive read European coding?
- Asked by William C from Woolwich
- Nov 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will apple usb superdrive read European coding?)
Can I keep my USB Superdrive connected to my Mac
- Asked by George H from Mililani
- Apr 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I keep my USB Superdrive connected to my Mac)
Short answer is yes. If it is a laptop you will slowly drain your battery if the laptop is not plugged in to the power source because this drive is powered by the USB port. If you have an iMac or Mac Pro, then have at it, it won't hurt anything. You'll just have one less USB port available.
- Answered by James S from Middleburg
- Apr 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I keep my USB Superdrive connected to my Mac)
How many gb of storage does this have?
- Asked by Rebecca S from Cockeyville
- Apr 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How many gb of storage does this have?)
can i watch dvd films through the usb superdrive?
- Asked by Wendy A
- Aug 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i watch dvd films through the usb superdrive?)
how to copy files to the USB Superdrive
- Asked by Paul M from Torrance
- Dec 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how to copy files to the USB Superdrive)
how to import movie from USB Superdrive to computer
I have attached an Apple USB SuperDrive to my OSX Version 10.95 Macbook Pro. I am able to play a CD instruction movie on the computer, but I can't figure out how to download it for easier access.
- Asked by Beverly T from Paradise Valley
- Apr 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (how to import movie from USB Superdrive to computer)