Questions & Answers for Lightning to VGA Adapter
73 Questions from the Community
Netflix, Hulu Plus & HBO Go…do they work with this cable?
I've been searching for hours for a definitive answer to this. Picking one of these up at BestBuy and trying for myself would probably be the best way to go. But I'll ask…Does anyone know? Assuming latest updates, does this cable work with Netflix, Hulu Plus and HBO2GO?
- Asked by Darin K from Spokane
- Aug 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Netflix, Hulu Plus & HBO Go…do they work with this cable?)
NO. As of December 2015: the Netflix app WILL NOT play on external monitors or projectors using the VGA adapter. I expect that other streaming services have the same restrictions. This is not a technical issue. It's by design to attempt protecting digital content from copying.
- Answered by Peter M from Decatur
- Dec 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Netflix, Hulu Plus & HBO Go…do they work with this cable?)
Can i watch apps such as hbo with this adapter?
- Asked by Iratxe E from Madrid
- May 14, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch apps such as hbo with this adapter?)
yes of course you can transfer files. Simple have google drive or dropbox in your ipad and install the same in your acer computer. It will do the rest....
- Answered by Hudha Z from Kurunegala
- Nov 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can I transfer pictures or files from my iPad to my acer computer, which uses Microsoft 7?)
What about audio?
I assume, with this device, you could output the video via VGA, as stated. However, if you have a movie on your iphone 5, can you simultaneously output audio via the headphone jack on the iphone 5 while this device is still plugged into the Lightning connector?
- Asked by David M from San Francisco
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What about audio?)
Another option for audio out would be to use Bluetooth.
- Answered by James S from Niceville
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What about audio?)
You should use the lightning to VGA. This will plug in to your smart board and work instantly. For the projector you just need the projector hooked up to a computer and plug in this same adapter to the computer. This will work perfectly.
- Answered by Molly B from Argyle
- Feb 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Which cable would be best to connect my iPad to the smart board and projector?????)
What's in the box with the iphone5?
- Asked by Linda H from Ferriday
- Oct 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What's in the box with the iphone5?)
Lightning sync/charge cable, charger, new-style ear buds and nano-sim ejection tool. Oh - and a quick start guide.
- Answered by Darrin S from London
- Oct 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's in the box with the iphone5?)
I am looking to buy " lightning to VGA adaptor" for iphone 5
I have a 8 inch screen in my car that supports video input via hdmi
I want to display google maps on it from iphone 5
My real question is will VGA support mirroring google maps from iphone to that screen ?
- Asked by Gurjant C from Yuba City
- Dec 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Mirroring)
If your car display wants "video input via HDMI", you should purchase the "Lightning Digital AV Adapter" (part MD826ZM) instead, as that one provides HDMI out.
- Answered by Christopher S from Hampton
- Jan 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Mirroring)
Can you put sd card in it?
Does this adapter allow you yo put sd camera card on it to transfer from camera to iPad?
- Asked by Mary M from Hawkins
- Apr 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you put sd card in it?)
Nope, the adapter that you have shown is for connected any device with the lighting connector to a via device eg, projector. While powering the phone/iPad at the same time. The adapter you want will be the camera kit adapter!
- Answered by Mike W
- Jul 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you put sd card in it?)
Can you use more than one adapter at the same time using the extra lightning port?
I want to show my students some garageband recording for a music tech. I would normally connect the lightning to vga adapter to my projector but i need a keyboard connected via the lightning to usb cable.
As the vga adapter has a lightning port, is it possible to put the lightning to usb adapter into the vga adapter so i can use a midi keyboard and show what I am doing via the projector at the same time?
Or does that port only allow for charging the device?
- Asked by Paul W
- Nov 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use more than one adapter at the same time using the extra lightning port?)
can you connect a lightning 30 pin adapter to the lightning vga adapter to give video output, analog audio and ipod control (from old system)Best Answer:
I tried this by connecting the 30 pin adaptor to the lightning VGA adaptor, then connecting the video feed to the video in of a TechnoGym treadmill and the 30 pin cable into the designated dock on the machine. The video worked fine and the phone receives charge (from the 30 pin cable). However the gym equipment did not recognise it as a compatible device and would not allow media control or Nike Plus functions. These do work when the 30 pin adaptor is used by itself. It appears the lightning socket on this product does not pass through much more than power (if anything).
- Answered by Ashley A from Evesham
- May 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you connect a lightning 30 pin adapter to the lightning vga adapter to give video output, analog audio and ipod control (from old system))
No. Use Apple’s
• Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader or
• Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
for this task.
- Answered by Stephen W from Nashville
- Jan 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i transfer pictures from my nikon d3100 to my ipad4 using lightning to vga adapter)
When will this work for the ipod nano
I really want to use this for my ipod nano 7 but was wondoring will it work or when will it?
- Asked by Joshua S from San Jose
- Dec 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When will this work for the ipod nano)
The Lightning to VGA Adapter is not compatible with the 7th generation iPod Nano.
- Answered by Patrick R from Quitman
- Dec 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When will this work for the ipod nano)
Can I use this adapter to connect a second monitor (with VGA cable) to my late 2015 iMac?
I ask because I do not see iMac listed in the compatibility options. I want to have a dual-screen set up for my work. I do not care about audio from the second monitor.
- Asked by Robyn A from Parkville
- Aug 16, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to connect a second monitor (with VGA cable) to my late 2015 iMac?)
Does this cable output a signal that is HDCP?
If this cable is connected to a TV that needs a HDCP signal to accept the video signal, would it work? And if so, would all video signal be HDCP or would it be App/Video source specific?
- Asked by Axel C from Mendota Heights
- Feb 19, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable output a signal that is HDCP?)
Cable length Lightning to VGA Adapter
I would like to know the length of the Lightning to VGA Adapter cable
I'm looking for a fairly long one. And also can it be extended with the help of another cables?
- Asked by Gururaj S
- Feb 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Cable length Lightning to VGA Adapter)
This is an adapter not a cable. It adapts your Lighting device to be used with projectors and displays that use a VGA signal. You use a standard VGA cable that came with the projector or display. Or you can by a standard VGA cable of various lengths and a computer store. The standard cable will have a male connector at each end. This adapter therefore has a female VGA connector that the standard VGA cable with the male connector plugs into. If you look you will also find that the standard VGA connector on your TV, projector or display has a .... wait for it .... female connector. To recap. A standard VGA cable will have male connectors at each end. Devices that work with a other VGA standard devices have female connectors. Pretty cool.
- Answered by Les W from Boca Raton
- Sep 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Cable length Lightning to VGA Adapter)