Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
325 Questions from the Community
Yes you can
- Answered by Michael G. K from Cottage Grove
- Apr 22, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you play Nexflix)
Has anyone had issues using this adapter to stream netflix or HBO GO on a projector?
Just bought the adapter to use it with my iphone 7 on a projector. The projector plays videos from the phone with both picture and audio as well as videos from different apps such as FB and IG.
When i try to stream videos from NETFLIX or HBO GO, the projector will display the Video but it wont play audio.
Has anyone had this issue before??
- Asked by Julio D from Hialeah
- Apr 24, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone had issues using this adapter to stream netflix or HBO GO on a projector?)
Is it possible to connect a keyboard to the monitor hooked to the iphone so you can use the keyboard on the iphone?
I have an iphone with a defect display so i need to see the iphone screen on the monitor. If the monitor has usb ports I would like to connect a keyboard to the usb ports of the monitor to unlock the iphone. Is this possible?
Hello. I have the same set up and the answer is "you can". Problem is, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have no clue why that happens. What I've found is, when only the HULU logo appears and you only get "sound" with no picture, then I log out of HULU completely, close the app completely, then log back in. Sometimes it takes 3 or more attempts of doing this, but eventually it starts streaming to my TV. It's a nuisance and if HULU doesn't address and fix the problem, then I intend to cancel my subscription. Of course, I've tried contacting them, but that doesn't seem to work either. Try this and I hope it works for you..eventually. Good luck.
- Answered by Perry P from Mesa
- Aug 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Why can't I play hulu from my 6 plus to my tv using my lightening av cable adapter. Only audio plays)
How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .
I use my IPhone 7 and AV adapter to output video via HDMI to a projector (Projector has no Audio or Audio output).
So of course I get video just fine but no audio.
I need to be able split off the Audio from the HDMI output to a standard 3.5 audio jack.
I've tried using the Lightning->3.5 adapter that came with the phone but when daisy chained off the Digital AV Adapter the IPhone 7 doesn't recognize it.
I know if I have a Bluetooth speaker connected and swipe up on the IPhone I get an option to switch the audio output between HDMI or Bluetooth.
But this option doesn't appear with the Lightning->3.5 adapter
- Asked by Dan K from Naperville
- Mar 10, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I split IPhone 7 audio from HDMI Video output to a Lightning->3.5 audio adapter .)
Does the lightning Charging port need to be plugged in? (Ie. does the lightning HDMI A/V adapter require external power to be functional)
Can the adapter function stand alone without a USB lightning cable connected to AC power adapter?
- Asked by Johan R from Austin
- Feb 28, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the lightning Charging port need to be plugged in? (Ie. does the lightning HDMI A/V adapter require external power to be functional))
No answers yet
Can I use this to watch downloaded Netflix content on iOS 11 Ipad?
I am reading that this is not possible with IOS 11 but was wondering if this includes downloaded shows or just for live streaming. Many thanks
- Asked by Anita H
- Feb 18, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to watch downloaded Netflix content on iOS 11 Ipad?)
Does a Lightning to Usb / lightning adapter for interface / charging exist ?
I want to charge my Ipad pro , while interfacing to a Soundcraft expression digital mixer that has a usb recording interface for
live recording with a DAW ( Digital Workstation). What I need to know is : Do you know if there is an adapter with this combination .
( Lightning to lightning through and 1 USB A interface for the USB At o B cable ?
- Asked by Frits Bo C
- Jan 17, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does a Lightning to Usb / lightning adapter for interface / charging exist ?)
Digital av adapter support netflix?
I buyed a third party adapter but does not support Netflix;the genuine one support Netflix?
- Asked by Cristi G
- May 15, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital av adapter support netflix?)
I just picked up the genuine Apple adaptor for my husbad's Ipad pro 9.7"and it works without issue. We tested it with Netflix, Amazon and Vudu and all worked without any problems. The one problem we are having is that the Verizon Fios mobile app will not work. An error message keeps coming up about airplay, the cable and try streaming through the cloud.
- Answered by Donna B from Philadelphia
- Jun 4, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Digital av adapter support netflix?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
- Asked by Robert A from Ashland
- Dec 14, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?)
I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?
On the pictures of this Lightning to HDMI adapter there looks like to plugs, 1 for the HDMI, what is the other one for?
- Asked by Robert R from Menifee
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
The other plug you see is another Lightning. You can use it to recharge your Iphone 5 while you are using the HDMI port.
- Answered by Carlo S from Miane
- Oct 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
No, it's only a "Lightning to HDMI" cable, and not the other way around. It lets you display the conents of the screen of an iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch that has a Lightning connector, on an HDMI-connected display, such as an HDMI TV. It does not allow you to use an iOS device as a display monitor.
- Answered by Daniel R from Madison
- Apr 14, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use an HDMI to lightening cord to play PS4 displayed on iPad mini? So the PS4 would be in place of a tv)
Can I use the adapter to edit photos on my iphone to my laptop? Looking to use it for a larger screen.
use of photo editing apps to work on my laptop screen.
- Asked by Christine B from W.monroe
- Jan 1, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the adapter to edit photos on my iphone to my laptop? Looking to use it for a larger screen.)
Can this adapter use to watch Jio TV
I would like to use this adapter to watch Jio TV on my TV screen, does it work?
- Asked by Paras B from Pune
- Jan 8, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter use to watch Jio TV)
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible