Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
348 Questions from the Community
can you watch hulu or tubeplus ,netflix or any other streaming video on a ipad retina display?
I want to be able to download movies from various sites usibng different formats for example avi movies and i want to watch my tv shows on the website tubeplus on a ipad retina display and when at home on my tv.
- Asked by Martin W from Larkspur
- Dec 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can you watch hulu or tubeplus ,netflix or any other streaming video on a ipad retina display?)
Can I use this to make my iPad a secondary monitor?
- Asked by Tania R from Great Neck
- Jul 30, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to make my iPad a secondary monitor?)
Unless your devices have a lightning connector as the iPad mini for example doe's you won't be able to use this with earlier model iPads. You may be able to solve this challenge by also buying the Lightning to 30‑pin Adapter.
Use this ultracompact adapter for iPad accessories that depend on the 30-pin connector.
- Answered by Michael F from Spokane Valley
- Dec 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lightning digital AV adapter work with my smart board at school with an iPad mini or other earlier iPads?)
Can use this adaptar for my MacBook Air macbookpro 13.3/2.9GHZ/8GB/512GB to TV ? Tx
For mirror view
- Asked by Jose A from Sunrise
- Feb 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can use this adaptar for my MacBook Air macbookpro 13.3/2.9GHZ/8GB/512GB to TV ? Tx)
what will happened if your tv is not 1080p hd? will it still work?
- Asked by Vitrieh K from Commewijne
- Oct 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what will happened if your tv is not 1080p hd? will it still work?)
I want to do Keynote presentations off my ipad pro (wifi only) through a projector. Will this work? I ask because some say you need 3g version.
No answers yet
Will it work on iPhone running iOS 8.1.2
- Asked by Martin M
- Jan 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on iPhone running iOS 8.1.2)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- May 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
Do you need to have a charger connected for the digital AV adapter to work? I can't get it to work with my iPhone6 (iOS 8.3)
I can't get my screen to show up on my TV. I tested the connection by attaching a laptop to the TV, and it works, so this appears to be a problem with either the AV adapter or the iPhone.
- Asked by David G from Vista
- Jul 3, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need to have a charger connected for the digital AV adapter to work? I can't get it to work with my iPhone6 (iOS 8.3))
The way I understand this is it is a video to hdmi.
So plug your hdmi cable into this adapter and the TV and you will mirror the iPhone on your TV.
So what you get on your phone you see on the TV.
- Answered by Robert R from Menifee
- Nov 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (so will i be able to watch movies on my tv from the web off my iPhone 5 if i have it plugged in??)
Does it output the audio also?
HDMI normally carries both audio and video. If you have a movie on your iPhone 5, will this device (with an HDMI cable) output both audio and video to your HDTV?
- Asked by David M from San Francisco
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it output the audio also?)
Yes, HDMI carries both audio and video.
- Answered by Duke B from Playa Vista
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it output the audio also?)
will this work for a Logitech wireless mouse... or other mice?
- Asked by Harland B from Dallas
- Dec 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work for a Logitech wireless mouse... or other mice?)
Yes it streams amazon instant video.
- Answered by Devon G from Baltimore
- Nov 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will this adapter stream or mirror content from the Amazon instant Video ipad app????)
No you cannot. The Apple TV has a micro USB connection. This cable is designed for a lightning connection to HDMI. You cannot use it in reverse to send HDMI to lightning either.
- Answered by Brian L from Ridgefield Park
- May 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you use this to connect an apple tv to a cinema display?)