Questions & Answers for Lightning Digital AV Adapter
334 Questions from the Community
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- Jan 22, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
Does it Supports ipad mini with both video and audio
- Asked by Qaisar K from Newyork
- Jun 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it Supports ipad mini with both video and audio)
will this work for a Logitech wireless mouse... or other mice?
- Asked by Harland B from Dallas
- Dec 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work for a Logitech wireless mouse... or other mice?)
No unfortunately it does not work with sky go.
- Answered by David L
- Nov 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the Lighting Digital AV Adapter work with the SKY GO APP on the iPhone5s?.)
Ipad to smartboard projector?
Best way to connect?
Smartboard is currectly working with a Dell PC at my school, I want to sometimes project education apps from my Ipad for my students
- Asked by R C from Oxford
- Mar 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Ipad to smartboard projector?)
Piggyback Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning / Ethernet adapter
I'd like to hardwire an iPad to my network and a monitor for Airplay, as RF interference in the room degrades all wireless connections ;-( Is it possible to piggyback connectors, by plugging the Lightning Digital AV Adapter in the iPad then plugging a lightning to Ethernet adapter into the AV adapter? Thanks to anyone who's tried it and can share their success or not.
- Asked by Dave N from Ardsley On Hudson
- May 30, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Piggyback Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning / Ethernet adapter)
Will this work with the app TV Catchup?
I have an app called TV Catchup on my iPhone 5, would I be able to watch this using the lead on my TV in my bedroom?
- Asked by Dean W
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the app TV Catchup?)
Will it work on iPhone running iOS 8.1.2
- Asked by Martin M
- Jan 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on iPhone running iOS 8.1.2)
When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?
iPhone 5 is at 1136x640, so when connected to an HDTV, does the TV get sent a 640p signal, or a 720p signal where everything is slightly blurry from upscaling? If it sends a 640p signal, then you could decide for yourself with the TV's options whether to upscale or leave the image with a border around it.
- Asked by Darren K from Lexington
- Nov 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When used with an iPhone 5, does it stretch the output?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- May 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
Changing sound output to Bluetooth with av adapter for visual only?
Using iPhone 6s Plus.... Thanks for the support! Much Love!!!!!
- Asked by Philip R from Collegedale
- Oct 28, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Changing sound output to Bluetooth with av adapter for visual only?)
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
To connect my iPad Mini to the Television to watch downloaded movies
- Asked by Lavinia I
- Dec 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?
I've read that you can stream some on-demand services, but will it work with LoveFilm, and even with BBC iPlayer, 4od, 5 demand and ITV player? Thanks
- Asked by Callum B
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If i buy this product can I stream LoveFilm onto my HD TV?)
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to wirelessly display a meeting via my iPad and an Apple TV at a club meeting. I know that some apps will break AirPlay, but this cable is so expensive that I was wondering whether GoToMeeting will definitely work with this HDMI adapter?
- Asked by Jonetta M from Pembroke Pines
- Nov 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?)
No answers yet