Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB
543 Questions from the Community
Storage help please :)
Hi I have an 11inch MacBook Air and I have run out of memory/storage space ( didn't realise it had so little upon purchasing as I received as a gift) . Is an airport time capsule something suitable for me to use as additional storage? Or is there another product?
If kind enough to give me some advice please use layman's terms as I am not techy whatsoever !
Thank you in advance.
- Asked by Esther H
- Aug 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Storage help please :))
Can I connect a Brother printer via USB to the Airport Time Capsule?
- Asked by Ed R from Wilmington
- Aug 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a Brother printer via USB to the Airport Time Capsule?)
If I use the AirPort Time Capsules as a File Server, can I then delete the media files (pictures) that are taking up disk space on my macbook air?
My macbook air is constantly giving me prompt that my disk space is full. So that is the main reason I bought a AirPort Time Capsule 2TB to move all my old pictures to the File Server in the AirPort. That's the way it was explained to me when I bought it at the Apple Store (georgetown location in DC).
So the way I plan on managing my files is to move all the older photos to AirPort Time Capsule File Server, delete the files on my macbook so I have a lot of memory/disk space as I travel (without worrying about losing my whole life's worth of pictures) and periodically do a media "dump" when it starts to take up too much disk space on my macbook.
This way I can continue to use my macbook (without buying a new one b/c of memory - sorry Apple).
Is this a good way to manage my media files and macbook?
Can I access my iTunes content that is stored on the time capsule using homesharing on iPad/iphone without my mac being turned on?
I currently use home sharing to access iTunes content on my iPad/iphone when at home. My mac has to be turned on to do this. If I purchase an airport time capsule will this mean I can access the content using homesharing on ipad/iphone that is backed up on the time capsule drive without the mac being turned on?
Can I access my data outside of my home?
- Asked by Okechukwu N from Suwanee
- Jan 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I access my data outside of my home?)
CAN I CONNECT TWO TIME CAPSULES TO SAME WI-FI
- Asked by David K from Eldersburg
- Nov 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (CAN I CONNECT TWO TIME CAPSULES TO SAME WI-FI)
Can I use my AirPort Time Capsule as a wireless access point?
My house is wired with ethernet jacks everywhere but my Xfinity router/cable modem combo isn't strong enough. I would like to know if I can set up the Time Capsule as a Wireless Access Point for the current network. As a separate question, I would also like to know how to set up the Time Capsule as a separate Wifi network in the house (new name/password) using the Airport Time Capsule. How do I do that as well?
- Asked by Jeffrey W from Los Altos
- Apr 20, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my AirPort Time Capsule as a wireless access point?)
As a PC user wanting this is a router and an external hard drive. Is there any difference between this and the previous 2011 Time Capsule model?
I.e. will the differences in wireless speed be apparent on a PC.
Can I back up an externally connected disk?
If I connect an external disk to the TC via USB, can I backup that external disk to the TC? Specifically, I am trying to store my iPhoto library on the external disk so that multiple computers can share that one library and then have that one library be backed up to TC. Thanks!
- Asked by Sajid A from Fulton
- Sep 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up an externally connected disk?)
I believe that in the Time Machine backup options, your external drives (connected to your Mac) are by default excluded but you can go and remove the exclusion, in the same way you can add them if you do not want to backup some work directory that has a great deal of updates that would fill up your backup disk.
- Answered by Frederic L
- Oct 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I back up an externally connected disk?)
What do the different model numbers mean
ME182B/A and MD033B/A what is the difference?
- Asked by Rosemary C
- May 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What do the different model numbers mean)
can i remote access a airport time capsule???
I am thinking of purchasing the 2TB Airport Time Capsule & was wondering if I would be able to access the Airport Time Capsule remotely from anywhere via the Internet?
if yes, how???
- Asked by Darren M
- Jun 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i remote access a airport time capsule???)
Yes, switch on Back to My Mac in the Time Capsule preferences. Make sure you have a very strong Apple ID or disk password if you do this
- Answered by Alan H
- Jun 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can i remote access a airport time capsule???)
What kind of storage is inside? Is it SSD?
- Asked by Michael S
- Sep 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of storage is inside? Is it SSD?)
Can I transfer data stored on my icloud to my time capsule? Or from my iphone to my Time Capsule?
My iphone has a lot of pictures on it and has run out of space, so I figured I would get icloud and back up to that and then delete the photo's from the phone. Well now my icloud account is getting to its limit and I was thinking why can't I just move all of my photos to my time capsule. However I can't seem to find a way to do that.
Do you know if there is an option to move the data from my icloud account to my time capsule?
And for future prevention of this issue, do you know if there is a way to move the pictures from the phone to the time capsule so that I don't have to fill up my icloud account?
- Asked by Jason S from Reno
- Feb 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I transfer data stored on my icloud to my time capsule? Or from my iphone to my Time Capsule?)
Can i use the Time Capsule only as a backup via wifi with my present linksys router and not use the Time Capsule as a router.Best Answer:
This is an excellent question, and the prior response did not answer it. There are many good reasons why you might want to wirelessly back up one or more Macs to the Airport Time Capsule, but not be using the Time Capsule for your primary WiFi source. Yes, you can have the Time Capsule "join" an existing WiFi network. Can you then back up your Macs to it, when both the Time Capsule and the Macs are on a different WiFi source? The answer is not apparent from the setup guide or specifications.
- Answered by Gary H from Pinehurst
- Jun 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can i use the Time Capsule only as a backup via wifi with my present linksys router and not use the Time Capsule as a router.)
can ipad do home sharing from AirPort Time Capsule-2TB
can ipad do the home sharing music file from AirPort Time Capsule-2TB
- Asked by Joe S
- Jun 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can ipad do home sharing from AirPort Time Capsule-2TB)
How long is the warranty on this product?
How long is the warranty on this product?
- Asked by Preetraj S from Prospect
- Jun 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the warranty on this product?)
As with all Apple products 1-year. You can only extend the warranty if you purchase, at the same time, a Mac with an AppleCare Protection Plan.
'The AppleCare Protection Plan provides up to three years of additional hardware service options, both parts and labour, from Apple-authorised technicians around the world.
What’s covered — Mac
Your Mac computer
Included accessories such as the power adapter
Apple memory (RAM)
AirPort Express Base Station, AirPort Extreme Base Station and Time Capsule3
Apple USB SuperDrive (for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro with Retina display, iMac and Mac mini)
Apple display purchased with your Mac'
- Answered by Andrew C
- Jul 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How long is the warranty on this product?)
will time machine back up my external hard drive as well as my internal drive?
I have the Mac Mini with SSD along with a thunderbolt external drive for my media. wiill time machine back up both?
- Asked by Timothy C from Prescott
- Mar 11, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (will time machine back up my external hard drive as well as my internal drive?)