Questions & Answers for AirPods
365 Questions from the Community
Will they stay in your ear unlike, earpods, which have a similar design, do they offer any shock resistance for when they do? Pricing is great though!
Obviously a very cool new type of 'intelligent' headphones but are they practical for every day use? Seems that like the earpods they would fall out easily, as they dont seem to have different size molds to fit different ear shapes. If they do fall, as there are no wires to hold them back, would they suffer damage when hitting the ground? Not trying to be pessimistic, they seem great, can imagine myself scrambling around a busy street or train looking for a lost one though.Answer
My experience is that, despite the fact that they look identical to the Apple earpods, they stay in my ears much better and are far more comfortable.
This was very surprising to me. I did not think the small amount of pull generated by the light cord on the earpods would make that much difference, but it does. Earpods often slip out while I'm on a long walk or working in the yard. The airpods never do. I've even gone to sleep with them in my ears; they didn't fall out.
- Answered by Scott H from Coulee Dam
- May 2, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will they stay in your ear unlike, earpods, which have a similar design, do they offer any shock resistance for when they do? Pricing is great though!)
Is there any conflict between microphone and listening?
Whether the quality of music will be influenced when I use microphone?
- Asked by Junfeng X from New York
- Jul 27, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any conflict between microphone and listening?)
Yes they will. While listening to music it cut the music to allow the call to pass through
- Answered by Dylan A from Laval
- Jan 6, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (If i answer a call on Apple Watch while listening to AirPods will the call be directed to the AirPods?)
How close do the AirPods need to be to the device?
- Asked by Lindsay G from Raleigh
- Nov 28, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How close do the AirPods need to be to the device?)
Can AirPods be fitted? My wife gave them to me As a gift and the Apple rep asked her if she wanted fitted. I didn’t know they could be fitted. Any ansAnswer
Unfortunately Apple AirPods can’t be fitted since they’re made of hard materials.
They are a similar size as the apple earphones, but they fit way better than earphones do. They don't fall out even if I am running in them.
- Answered by Uliana S
- Jul 17, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Are they the same size as normal apple earphones or bigger like most wireless earphones are?)
Would I be able to use my AirPods for Snapchat FaceTime ?
- Asked by Erick N from Columbia Heights
- Jul 9, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Would I be able to use my AirPods for Snapchat FaceTime ?)
Will the airpods work with an apple watch LTE if you leave the case at home? or will they lose connection with the apple watch?
I saw an article stating that when the Airpods case is left at home you will lose connection and they wont connect properly with an apple watch. I simply want to know if I only had my apple watch and airpods without the case will they remain connected?Answer
They should work fine. I run with my Series 3 Apple Watch and Airpods. The case and phone stay at home.
- Answered by Lance E from Molalla
- Mar 24, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will the airpods work with an apple watch LTE if you leave the case at home? or will they lose connection with the apple watch?)
how do you connect to macpro
- Asked by Charmaine M from Williamstown
- Apr 4, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect to macpro)
What is the range of the Airpods
- Asked by Mark M from Loveland
- Sep 9, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the range of the Airpods)
Depends on interference with walls etc, with thick 6" walls in multiple room home I get about 25-30'. With clear line of sight, no structures between the airpods and phone I get almost 150' (50yards) in our Hangar. Like all bluetooth items, structure interference is the issue. Not worse, nor better than most quality bluetooth headsets I have tried.
- Answered by David L from Henderson
- Feb 6, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the range of the Airpods)
Dear Apple Team , I would like to know if Apple Airpods would be working with Iphone 6s Plus , if yes would it work like how its working on Iphone 7
No answers yet
I think there is no such metal on AirPods.The most of its parts on the outside is plastic.
- Answered by 雯雯 李 from 河东区
- Mar 6, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Are AirPods hypoallergenic? Are they made with nickel or metals that someone could be allergic to?)
How do I know when the case is low on battery?
I want to prevent the situation when I'm out and I need to charge my AirPods but I find out that the case has no battery left and I cannot charge the AirPods. I know that my iPhone display level of the battery for AirPods but what about the case? How do I recognise when it needs to be charge?
- Asked by Alina S
- Jun 27, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know when the case is low on battery?)
Just hold the Air Pods case close to the iPhone, and open the lid. The case and air pods will appear on your iPhone screen and show battery level for both the case and the air pods.
Also, you can see by the little led light in the case itself, just under the lid. If the AirPods are in the case at the time, the LED refers to the air pods. If the air pods are NOT in the case, then the LED refers to the charge in the case itself.
Green means charged, and amber means less than one full charge remains
Hope this helps?
- Answered by Terence Q
- Jun 28, 2017
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How do I know when the case is low on battery?)
Can AirPods be registered to a specific Apple ID?
- Asked by Tamika G from Philadelphia
- Apr 3, 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPods be registered to a specific Apple ID?)