can the Apple USB SuperDrive be connected thru the CalDigit TS3 Dock?
I have read that since the usb superdrive requires power it needs to be connected directly to my MacBook Air with a usb to usb-c (thunderbolt) adaptor and does not work when connected thru a hub/dock. Since the CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock has a power supply, will the usb superdrive work if connected to one of its USB ports?
- Asked by fn from Topeka
- Flag as inappropriate (can the Apple USB SuperDrive be connected thru the CalDigit TS3 Dock?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes it can as long as you apply the CalDigit Thunderbolt Station Mac Drivers. I have found that you cannot use any of the legacy USB-A ports on the CalDigit TS3 Plus to connect the SuperDrive. You need to use a USB-A to Thunderbolt 3 adapter on the SuperDrive and then connect the Thunderbolt 3 end of the adapter into the "Thunderbolt 3 Downstream" port on the back of the CalDigit TS3 Plus.
- Answered by John B from Pass Lake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how to insert cd in Apple USB SuperDrive
- Asked by Mohammed H from Bridgeport
- Flag as inappropriate (how to insert cd in Apple USB SuperDrive)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Will it be able to convert a USB hub into a powered USB hub?
- Asked by J R from Ny
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it be able to convert a USB hub into a powered USB hub?)
- Asked about: Twelve South PlugBug Duo