LaCie Mobile Drive 5TB External Hard Drive USB-C USB 3.0
LaCie’s Mobile Hard Drive delivers the space you need for photos, playlists, docs and more. It also gives you Mac, Windows, USB-C and USB 3.0 compatibility for easy, flexible access. One-click or automatic backup makes file storage smooth, and LaCie’s 30th-anniversary diamond-cut design has an edge like no other.
High-capacity portable external hard drive for on-the-go creative projects
Works with Mac and Windows systems out of the box
Connects via USB-C for high-speed data transfers
Offers USB 3.0 cable for connectivity to legacy computers
Slim, travel-friendly design
Comes with easy-to-use software for customisable backup
Includes one-month membership to Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps plan
What’s in the Box
LaCie Mobile Drive
USB 3.0 cable
Quick start guide
LaCie Toolkit: backup and mirroring software
Connections: USB, USB-C
Power Source: Bus Powered, USB
Height: 12.17 cm/4.79 in.
Width: 8.79 cm/3.46 in.
Depth: 1 cm/0.39 in.
Weight: 200 g/7.05 oz.
Operating System: MacOS 10.12 or later, Windows 10 or later
Requirements Other: 600MB minimum free drive space
Mfr. Part Number: STHG5000402
UPC or EAN No.: 763649130650
Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015–2017)
- 13-inch MacBook Air with Retina display
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012–2015)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016 and later)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012–2015)
- iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
- 21.5-inch iMac — Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- 21.5-inch iMac — Thunderbolt 2
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
- 27-inch iMac — Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- 27-inch iMac — Thunderbolt 2
- Mac mini — Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- Mac mini (Late 2014)
Answers from the community
Will this work on a 2012 late Mac mini
- Asked by Mark B from BOULDER CREEK
- on 11/06/2019
I'm running Yosemite on my iMac - version 10.10.5. Would like to make extra backups + make room on my HD before updating. Is this drive compatible?
- Asked by Donna M from Rye
- on 29/05/2019
Will this work with the time machine utility to perform automatic back-ups? Will it allow me to encrypt the data I save to it sing fire vault?
- Asked by Daryl S from Shadwell
- on 19/05/2019
Can I install tv shows I’ve bought on iTunes on this drive?
- Asked by James R from Wirral
- on 15/04/2019
- Answered by Ian C from Van nuys
- on 16/04/2019
Can I install Mojave on this drive and boot from it?
- Asked by Arthur W from Sand Springs
- on 12/03/2019
- Answered by Stephanie B
- on 14/03/2019
Will this work with the new iPad pro 11"
- Asked by Jaxson R from Rockford
- on 5/03/2019
This one won’t work with the iPad Pro as it’s not supported (I have it and the iPad Pro). It says “C This one won’t work with the iPad Pro as it’s not supported (I have it and the iPad Pro). It says “Cannot read the connected storage media” formatted as APFS.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Edgewood
- on 13/03/2019