AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac
AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac
The AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac provides up to three years of expert technical support and additional hardware service options from Apple.(1)
When you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan, just one phone call (2) can help answer questions about your Mac, macOS and Apple-branded applications such as Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote and more. In addition, you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone through getsupport.apple.com. You can even get local repair service when you visit other countries around the world.
AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws. For details, click here.
How to get AppleCare Protection Plan
Add it to your bag during the checkout process when you purchase your new Mac.
Or buy it while your Mac is still within 12 months of its original purchase date. Your Mac purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:
- Online (requires you to verify your serial number)
- By contacting Apple (please have your Mac serial number ready for registration)
One stop for expert service and support
Because Apple designs the computer, the operating system and many applications, Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Direct access to Apple experts via chat or phone
- 24/7 priority access through getsupport.apple.com
- Onsite repair for desktop computers: Request that a technician come to your workplace (3)
- Local Apple hardware service around the world
Additional Apple hardware service options
The AppleCare Protection Plan provides up to three years of additional hardware service options, including parts and labour, from Apple-authorised technicians around the world. Coverage includes the following:
- Your Mac computer
- Battery (1)
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- AirPort (4)
- Apple USB SuperDrive
Software support included
Whether you’re sitting in the comfort of your home or office or you’re on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts to answer your questions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Using macOS and iCloud
- Quick how-to questions about Apple-branded apps, such as Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote and more
- Connecting to printers and AirPort networks
- (1) The AppleCare Protection Plan must be purchased within 12 months of the original purchase date of your Mac and provides up to three years of additional service options from the original purchase date of your Mac. The AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here. Service coverage is available only for Mac and its original included accessories for protection against (i) defects in materials or workmanship and (ii) batteries that retain less than 80% of their original capacity.
- (2) Local call charges may apply.
- (3) Availability of service options depends on the country in which the service is requested and the location of the Apple Authorised Service Provider. Products returned for service may be repaired or replaced with parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts.
- (4) AirPort device must be purchased up to two years before your Mac purchase or during the term of your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.
Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment. For complete details, see terms and conditions at www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/appgeos.html.
For Mac computers running macOS Server, the plan covers server administration and network management issues using the graphical user interface of macOS Server. For assistance with advanced server operation and integration issues, purchase AppleCare OS Support.