How do you know when it's time to replace the tip of the pencil?
- Asked by fn from Vernon
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you know when it's time to replace the tip of the pencil?)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil Tips - 4 pack
2 Answers from the Community
When you see metal shining through. I have found out today how to know tip of the AP needs replacing. Metal is showing through on the very tip of the tip. Imagine my surprise. I was wondering how to know also. I wore it down to the shiny tip. It took 3 months of use, much was use on Art apps. I am sure the matte screen protector contributed to the wear. The protector does have wear marks on it that helped wear down pencil. Time to change both.
- Answered by Nancy M. B from Troy
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The nibs dont wear down easily, however they do seem to bend slightly afterward long periods of use. When they bend they can still be used but accuracy will be off.
I used the same nib pretty much every day for 4 months and only needed to change it afterwards.
- Answered by Ellie J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2