Artists not showing in Music App but show in iTunes - iPhone 7
I download my music mostly from youtube to mp3 converter websites and previously I never had any problems. I would download to my computer, then add it to iTunes, then enter the artist names myself. However for recent songs I downloaded, the artist names shows up on iTunes I entered in, but it doesn't show on my Music app.
On my Music app only the title shows, and the artists is blank. When I search by artists, these artists are not on the list. What's funny is that when I type the artist name into the search bar it shows up in the results.
I have made sure the compilation is unchecked. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?
- Asked by Sophia C from Surrey
- Flag as inappropriate (Artists not showing in Music App but show in iTunes - iPhone 7)
1 Answer from the Community
Hello. I may have found a solution, and I'm curious to see if to works for you.
Until yesterday, I spent months browsing for solutions and was frustrated to no end.
1) Import to iTunes
2) Make sure all the tags are correct (artist name, sort by artist name)
3) import into iPhone - only a single song per album
4) after successful single song import, import the rest of the album
This should resolve two issues: the artist should show up in the App AND it should have all tracks under a single album entry instead of a new album entry per track.
Hope that helps.
- Answered by Andrew O from Boulder Creek
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Any idea why this is on 7-10 week backorder (and only showing retail Store availability on March 17)?
- Asked by Joseph G from Greenbelt
- Flag as inappropriate (Any idea why this is on 7-10 week backorder (and only showing retail Store availability on March 17)?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Ad…
Is there a way to separate a certain group of songs from my music app and name it from my iPhone ?
- Asked by Judy K from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to separate a certain group of songs from my music app and name it from my iPhone ?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)