Can the Airpods be used with iphone 7 as a wireless microphone for video production (using the iphone video cam)?
If not, can the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter be used for mic input during video capture?
- Asked by Scott H from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airpods be used with iphone 7 as a wireless microphone for video production (using the iphone video cam)?)
- Asked about: AirPods
2 Answers from the Community
NO, Apple AirPods can NOT be used to record audio when recording a video on an iPhone.
I called Apple Tech support today (2017-03-28) and spoke with a senior advisor. He informed me “after reviewing the Apple Airpods feature lists, they cannot be used as an audio recording device”.
This is highly disappointing, it seems to me this is a feature that could and should be added with a relatively simple software change. PLEASE Apple?
Even better, allow each Airpod to record left and right channels so two people, one with the right Airpod and the other with the left Airpod can use them to record two channel audio when recording videos. KILLER FEATURE!!!
The Lightening to 3.5 mm headphone jack can be used to record audio, check out the Rode smartLav+ Lavalier Condenser Microphone.
You can bypass the adapter and go straight to lightning with the Sennheiser Clip-Mic Digital.
If you want to use even higher quality XLR mics, look at the Rode i-XLR Digital XLR Adapter for Apple iOS Devices.
- Answered by Michael W from St. Albert
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I would really like to know the answer to this. Did you get it ?
- Answered by Alin M from Hamilton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
static when recording video on iPhone7 with Sennheiser mic on Lightning port.
- Asked by Dane D from Fishers
- Flag as inappropriate (static when recording video on iPhone7 with Sennheiser mic on Lightning port.)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…