Can this monitor do night shift and dimming in sync with a connected macbook pro?
I have an external display (BenQ BL3201PH) that I'm mostly happy with during the day but if there's one aspect of the experience I would improve if I could it'd be the brightness controls for use when it gets dark.
My monitor has the typically awkward menu system of most monitors; I see that the LG UltraFine 5K Display's brightness is controlled by the connected mac, which is already a major plus.
Even when using the BenQ's brightness controls though, it just doesn't get nearly dim enough in the evening. I turn its brightness down to zero and it is still way too bright. Can the LG UltraFine 5K Display get as dim as a macbook pro's display can get? Or at least somewhat close?
If I could pick one more thing to improve about my BenQ it'd be support for night shift. In the evening it's annoying to see my macbook shift to a reddish hue while the BenQ continues to give off a harsh light in the blue, high-temp end of the spectrum. I wind up turning night shift off on the macbook because I'm not given the option to have it on for both displays. Would this situation be remedied if using the LG UltraFine 5K Display?
Thanks for any answers on this!
- Asked by fn from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this monitor do night shift and dimming in sync with a connected macbook pro?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Can this connect through the LG UltraFine 4k Display to provide ethernet to the MacBook Pro with Touchbar?
- Asked by Matthew G from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this connect through the LG UltraFine 4k Display to provide ethernet to the MacBook Pro with Touchbar?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Ad…
Can I connect mini-DP cable to MacBook by this adapter?
- Asked by Xin X from Waltham
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect mini-DP cable to MacBook by this adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…