How does it work to run Windows 10 with Parallels, in a MacBook Pro 2017?
Good Morning! I'm an architecture student, and many of the softwares I use are not available for MacOS, so I thought that I could use Parallels to run the apps made only for Windows, but can someone tell me if it's good and if it really works? And how it works? Or there are other better ways to do that?
- Asked by Marina F from Aracaju
- Flag as inappropriate (How does it work to run Windows 10 with Parallels, in a MacBook Pro 2017?)
1 Answer from the Community
I have parallels running on my Mavbook Pro (2015) as some of my vendors send me files that are only PC compatible. Parallels works very well and is also quite fast to open. Sometimes there is a slight lag so if you need to do ultrafast stuff like gaming it might not be ideal. Overall I am happy with Parallels as I have the ability to use both operating systems. For the most part, they are seamless and can readily tranfer from one environment other other. However occasionally I find a glitch in specific software packages where it is not possible to copy and paste between the Mac side and the PC side. But within the windows side, there are no issues whatsoever.
I hope that is helpful.
BTW, I am a chemist and use several chemistry specific software programs.
- Answered by Brad S from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this adapter allow the superdrive to work with the new 2017 Macbook Pros?
- Asked by William H from Jacksonville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter allow the superdrive to work with the new 2017 Macbook Pros?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
2017 macbook pro 15" will this fit?
- Asked by Brent B from Provo
- Flag as inappropriate (2017 macbook pro 15" will this fit?)
- Asked about: Incase 13" Hardshell Case for MacBo…
Will these work with a mid 2009 15” MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Harry K
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these work with a mid 2009 15” MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: AirPods