Can you use this with the mac mini server?
Also is there any cables available to transfer the serial cable to a other input type?
4 Answers from the Community
You can use this with a Mac Mini Server if you use a thunderbolt to fibre channel adapter such as the Promise SANLink.
You can also set up a Mac Mini as the metadata controller with the adapter if you don't want to spend the money on a Mac Pro.
- Answered by Sean W from Fort Collins
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
there are Fiber to Thunderbolt adaptors now, so the i7 Mini can really work this thing out
- Answered by David Lavinius P from Woodridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The VTrak x30 Series product requires a Fibre Channel connection for host connectivity. Mac Mini Servers available today do not have capability for Fibre Channel connectivity.
- Answered by Randall C from Milpitas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Perhaps look at the Sonnet xMac Thunderbolt expansion chassis as this can take PCI Fibre Channel adapters. I am aware of someone using this successfully in production with a V-Trak system.
- Answered by Joe S from Stirling
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
dual display from mac mini server
- Asked by Phil S
- Flag as inappropriate (dual display from mac mini server)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet
Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Compatible with all recent Macs?
- Asked by Jackson H from Avon
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with all recent Macs?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive