Will it work with Keyboards and Synthesizers?
- Asked by Joseph G from Brecksville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with Keyboards and Synthesizers?)
4 Answers from the Community
I recorded a track yesterday using a USB keyboard, a Korg K49, into the USB camera connector, triggering the keyboard, drum and bass sound in GarageBand on the iPad, no problem whatsoever. The only trick was powering the keyboard from it's own adaptor, as the iPad can't provide enough power to run the keyboard over USB.
- Answered by Geoff W from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To the user who wrote....."Apoge or someone needs to make a product that will let usb keyboards trigger soft synths on ipad , just like you can do on mac."
You can trigger the soft synths in Garage Band using the USB connector in Apples own camera connection kit, provided your keyboard has a usb out. I have been doing it successfully using a Korg X50 as my master keyboard. Works great!
- Answered by Alan A from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Real answer here:
You can hook up a keyboard with internal sounds that has a 1/4 out jack. You can NOT hook up a usb keyboard in hopes to use the sounds in ipad 2's garage band like a soft synth.
Apoge or someone needs to make a product that will let usb keyboards trigger soft synths on ipad , just like you can do on mac.
- Answered by David C from Bullhead City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It should work with class compliant devices (devices that do not require drivers to operate), though even some of those may not work if they draw too much power from USB.
According to MacWorld's GarageBand review, they were able to get the MAudio Keystation 61es, Belkin TuneStudio mixer, and Blue Snowball microphone to work.
- Answered by Charles P from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does the smart keyboard work with this case?
- Asked by Mir M from Decatur
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the smart keyboard work with this case?)
- Asked about: STM Dux Shell Case for 12.9-inch iP…
will this work without the wireless keyboard?
- Asked by Eleanor C
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work without the wireless keyboard?)
- Asked about: Belkin YourType Bluetooth Wireless …