program function key
how can i program the function keys on the keyboard
- Asked by fn from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (program function key)
1 Answer from the Community
None of these answer the question step-by-step. I want to program the F16 key to function as a TAB key because when entering data into databases, or using forms online, tabs are used to move to the next field.
YES, I can reach back to the regular keyboard to use the standard TAB key there, but that requires extra motion that works counter to productivity when entering a lot of numbers into successive fields. By default the F16 key is not functional, so I'd like to use it. Given that my hand is already on the numeric pad, using the F16 for a TAB seems like a natural.
Unfortunately, I have not yet discovered how to assign TAB to that key. The directions I've seen so far do not do that.
- Answered by Rodney L W from Potomac Falls
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it have function keys
- Asked by Mitchel S from Oceanside
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have function keys)
- Asked about: Logitech Slim Combo with detachable…
Can you lock the function key?
- Asked by Samuel S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you lock the function key?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard — US English
No answers yet
Which cable do I use to connect to a projector and is there a specific function key to transfer picture to the projector.
- Asked by Gabriela M from Norristown
- Flag as inappropriate (Which cable do I use to connect to a projector and is there a specific function key to transfer picture to the projector.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter