why would I need a HR monitor if the watch can tell me what my pulse is
- Asked by Sueellen R from Bristol
- Flag as inappropriate (why would I need a HR monitor if the watch can tell me what my pulse is)
2 Answers from the Community
While the heart rate tracking on your watch is great, it don't seem to be able to get accurate heart rate while you are using you upper body. It also come into play that the area there you wear you watch isn't greatly accessible for heart rate monitoring due to limited muscle in your wrist. So to answer your question if you are running or cycling the watch's heart rate is fine but when it comes to rowing, swimming and cross fit then the watch heart rate seem to become very off the pace.
- Answered by Christina R from Cape Town
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This strap reads your HR from ECG whereas Apple Watch detects it from blood flow in your wrist. Theoretically the ECG reading should be more accurate and reliable than wrist monitoring.
- Answered by David H from Castle Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
adaptor for imac to emachine monitor?
- Asked by Gemma B from Westminster
- Flag as inappropriate (adaptor for imac to emachine monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet