What happens to the drive functionality if/when the integral Thunderbolt Cable fails? Can it be user replaced?
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt cable is backed up with USB 3.0 connectivity, so in the event of a failure of the Thunderbolt cable outside of the 3-year warranty, you can still access the data at high transfer speeds with the detachable USB 3.0 cable, which is included.
- Answered by George T from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this SuperDrive install OS on my Macbook (Disk Drive is currently non-functional)?
- Asked by Pedro-alcario G from Lubbock
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this SuperDrive install OS on my Macbook (Disk Drive is currently non-functional)?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive