Will bulbs that worked with my old bridge work with the 2nd generation bridge?
I have an old bridge with 14 bulbs, and just bought a 2nd generation bridge and 4 additional bulbs, but the new bridge is only recognizing the 4 new bulbs! Is there a compatibility issue here?
- Asked by Teresa L from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Will bulbs that worked with my old bridge work with the 2nd generation bridge?)
1 Answer from the Community
My experience was just the opposite. 20 bulbs - including regular, flood and strips - bought with 1st generation bridge all work well on the new bridge. I find Siri is very good with Hue - I just say "Welcome Home", "Good morning" or "Bedtime" and the scene is set. For me, given how deep I was (am) with Hue, it really was worth upgrading bridge to get HomeKit compatibility.
- Answered by Ronald W from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this a 2nd generation bridge?
- Asked by Joshua V B from Pensacola
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a 2nd generation bridge?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue White Starter Kit A19 E…
will it work for a 2nd generation shuffle?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work for a 2nd generation shuffle?)
- Asked about: Apple iPod shuffle USB Cable