How does the smart connector compare to lightning port in terms of charging speed?
Say if I am watching video while charging on this dock, through the smart connector, is it going to be charging fast enough compared to the battery used to play the video? The lightning port with 12W adapter that comes with the iPad pro package is charging fast enough to outrun the battery burned by video playing. I think if the smart connector can perform equally that is gonna be good.
1 Answer from the Community
I think this depends on the size iPad Pro you have. The 9.7 I'm finding is about 20 mins longer to fully charge from flat, so not much in it at all. It holds a charge easy whilst being used. I have auto brightness on so that would vary. The larger iPad is a different story I have read.
- Answered by Jack L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How is the charging speed compared to cable charging?
- Asked by Shushank Y
- Flag as inappropriate (How is the charging speed compared to cable charging?)
- Asked about: mophie wireless charging base
Does the audio pass through the lightning connector?
- Asked by Mark S from Bellevue
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the audio pass through the lightning connector?)
- Asked about: Lightning to VGA Adapter