Is there an adaptor to connect this to a Mac without USB-C, but with Thunderbolt 2, i.e. to last week's MacBook Pros?
2 Answers from the Community
No, it's for USB-C Macs with USB 3.1 speeds only so that means the new MacBook Pros and 12" MacBooks only I'm afraid.
- Answered by Jeff N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Those new MacBooks should work with this. They have USB-C ports that are also capable of Thunderbolt 3 over the same port, so they should work with any USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 monitor. Please note when choosing a new monitor that Thunderbolt 3 has a much higher bandwidth and potentially let you connect more display and faster ports like USB 3.1 (USB-A) ports and even other Thunderbolt 3 ports.
- Answered by Gerry F from West Palm Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
is there a lightning to usb-c adaptor?
- Asked by Doris B from Vernon
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a lightning to usb-c adaptor?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
No answers yet
Will the USB-C connect thunderbolt?
- Asked by Carlene R from Spring Hill
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the USB-C connect thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Is USB-C connection the same as Thunderbolt 2? Will this adapter allow a macbook pro from early 2015 to use ethernet?
- Asked by Robert F from Palm Beach Gardens
- Flag as inappropriate (Is USB-C connection the same as Thunderbolt 2? Will this adapter allow a macbook pro from early 2015 to use ethernet?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Ad…