is this monitor compatible with Xbox one? Can I connect the Xbox using HDMI to USB-C Cable?
1 Answer from the Community
No this monitor is not compatible with Xbox one. The LG UltraFine 5K Display is a Thunderbolt display. The Thunderbolt signal must include at least one DisplayPort stream for 4K 60Hz or two DisplayPort streams for 5K. A Thunderbolt add-in card such as the GC-ALPINE RIDGE can convert DisplayPort into Thunderbolt, but the Xbox One does not produce DisplayPort. There are HDMI to DisplayPort adapters, but they currently work at only up to 4K 30Hz or 2560x1440 60Hz. Next year may see HDMI 2.0 to DisplayPort 1.2 adapters that support 4K 60Hz. The LG UltraFine 5K display may support 2560x1440 60Hz, but I don't think the Xbox one can produce that (Microsoft said the Xbox One X will in the future). I'm not sure if the LG Ultrafine 5K supports 1080p.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad
- Asked by Jane M from Whittlsea
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to connect the xbox one s HDMI to my ipad for a second screen to play the xbox on my ipad)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Will a USB C adaptor to an HDMI 4k monitor work if I am using 2 monitors?
- Asked by Bespoke D from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a USB C adaptor to an HDMI 4k monitor work if I am using 2 monitors?)
- Asked about: Blackmagic eGPU
Does it connect to Xbox one x
- Asked by Phoenix G from Granbury
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it connect to Xbox one x)
- Asked about: Gamevice Controller for iPad mini