What other options are there? It seems like the LG has a host of problems. What other monitors would one use with the new Mac Book Pro?
3 Answers from the Community
There aren't many options, unless you go back to the discontinued Apple Thunderbolt Display. I can tell you that while the LG Ultrafine 5K display is nice, it is NOT an Apple Product. LG Support is NOT Apple. When contacted for information, Apple refers you to LG.The picture quality is quite good. The sound is not as full as Apple's Thunderbolt Display. Sometimes the LG display suddenly has difficulty displaying characters as they are typed in. I've restarted the 2016 MacBook Pro 15 inch, and typing is not an issue.
At this point, I hope either LG software or firmware updates or Apple updates drivers to get things ironed out!
- Answered by Thomas J A from Middleton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Please be aware that as of 3-18-17 Apple is still sending out the monitors with the shielding problem. The serial number starts with 701. LG has informed that the new corrected versions start with 703.
- Answered by Jeffrey A S from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Hi, What sorts of problems are concerning you? The 5K works well with any computer that has a video card that can support the higher resolution. It works wonderfully well with the 2016 13" and 15" MBP-r, both of which I have and with which I have used the 5K monitor. If the limitations are with reference to connectibility, for instance USB-C and Thunderbolt 2, that's a function of the computer, not the monitor. The 5K does what it says it will do and does it well. If you have the computer and video card that can handle a 5K monitor (or even two 5K monitors with the 15" MBP-r), then I doubt that you will be disappointed.
- Answered by George R from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The Mac Pro w/Thunderbolt 2 does not natively support new USB-C monitors like the LG 38UC99-W 38". Will this adapt work seamlessly w/Sound & USB?
- Asked by Michael J M from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate (The Mac Pro w/Thunderbolt 2 does not natively support new USB-C monitors like the LG 38UC99-W 38". Will this adapt work seamlessly w/Sound & USB?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
How to Turn Off LG monitor but keep charging my MacBook Pro ?
- Asked by King Wai W
- Flag as inappropriate (How to Turn Off LG monitor but keep charging my MacBook Pro ?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display