Does this work with the MacBook launched June 5, 2017? If affirmative, can two 4K monitors be plugged in??
2 Answers from the Community
This product works with the MacBook Pro 2017 launched June 5, 2017. I have tried 1 Dell 4K monitor and 1 5K LG Thunderbolt 3 and these worked together. The Dell display used DisplayPort and the LG display connected to the 2nd Thunderbolt 3 port on the dock.
Does not work with the MacBook which only has a single USB-C interface. Be aware, the USB-C interface looks just like Thunderbolt 3, but does not offer the higher capabilities of Thunderbolt 3.
Thunderbolt 3 interfaces on shipping Macs also function as a USB-C port when USB-C peripherals are attached.
- Answered by Bryant D from Provo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Should work just fine. As long as your setting up the configuration properly and your cpu can handle the output, you shouldn't have any issues. Resolution depends on what you're running.
- Answered by Christopher M from Santa Ana
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can it power a 4k monitor?
- Asked by Thomas T from Winnipeg
- Flag as inappropriate (can it power a 4k monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet