I have a Time Capsule and rely on Time Machine to handle backups. Will these nodes co-exist with my existing Time Capsule/Machine and extend WiFi?
5 Answers from the Community
Put your time capsule in bridge mode and turn networking off. Then connect it via ethernet to the Velop. That way it just acts as a server for your backups. You won't want the time capsule to do any of the networking.
- Answered by Avery H from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Avery is on the money with his response. I put my Time Capsule in Bridge mode and turned off the networking using Apple’s Network Utility.
Unplugged the TC from my FIOS router (turn off the networking/ radio on it too). Downloaded and opened the Linksys Velop App.
Followed the steps... very easy... within 30 minutes I was set up with a 3 node network.
Next I plugged the TC into one of the Nodes... system immediately saw it... and was working as advertised without any interaction from me.
I then plugged in my SONOS Bridge... worked without any adjustments from me.
ADT Pulse alarm no action required.... Ring Doorbell I had to reset and have it join the new network.
All devices Macs and IOS joined easily... I was very surprised and pleased how well it all went. You will also like the APP going forward.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Clarence R, G from Alexandria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Three previous helpful answers here, but two seem to contradict. Brandan (1/10/18) says simply set TC to extend, implying keeping it attached to the network wirelessly. On the other hand, Avery (1/15/18) says to turn networking off and connect TC by ethernet to Velop. Possibly both are good ways to do it. Is there a consensus on which would work best?
- Answered by James P from Williamsburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, in airport utility, set your time capsule to “extend WiFi network” then select the Linksys network! Done and dusted!
- Answered by Brendan C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes, use the AirPort Utility to configure the AirPort Time Capsule and use the Linksys app to manage the Linksys Velop.
- Answered by Dr M from Boston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
How do I use this with AirPort wifi and Time Machine?
- Asked by John H from East Liverpool
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I use this with AirPort wifi and Time Machine?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus3 R4 12TB (4 by 3TB)…
Will the thunderbolt adapter for my existing headphones come as a dual connection so that I can charge and listen at the same time?
- Asked by Mark C
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the thunderbolt adapter for my existing headphones come as a dual connection so that I can charge and listen at the same time?)
- Asked about: AirPods
Can I use Thunderbolt to Gigabit ethernet adapter for backup in my time capsule?
- Asked by Sebastiano L from Bergamo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Thunderbolt to Gigabit ethernet adapter for backup in my time capsule?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…