I am looking to add the velop mesh system to my home. Do I need to buy a different router or will the router I currently have be sufficient?
1 Answer from the Community
The Velop Mesh takes the place of the existing router. Unless you have the Linksys MR8300 wireless router, which is designed to work with the Velop, your existing router will not work. The main node of the Velop is connected directly to your modem. You can have a switch after that node, but cannot put a router in as the parent node does all the routing. If your existing router can function as an access point, then you could add it that way. Otherwise, the Mesh will not work with it.
- Answered by Charles R from Niceville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If connected to the USB-C port of my WiFi Mesh router, will it work over WiFi?
- Asked by Mark R from Plantation
- Flag as inappropriate If connected to the USB-C port of my WiFi Mesh router, will it work over WiFi?
So this will connect to a modem/router and give me wifi?
- Asked by Mitchell H from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate So this will connect to a modem/router and give me wifi?
I have managed to loose a mesh cap. Can you buy replacements?
- Asked by Margaret T from Newman
- Flag as inappropriate I have managed to loose a mesh cap. Can you buy replacements?