Can this work with an iPad pro?
Since iPad pro has the same shaped plug as the MacBook pros, I'd imagine you could plug this in and use it for graphics processing. I expect apple has somehow locked that down in the iPadOS, unless they maybe just don't list it as being compatible here but there's a way to get it to work?
- Asked by Jacob H from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Can this work with an iPad pro?
1 Answer from the Community
The Blackmagic eGPU is a Thunderbolt device. The iPad Pro does not have Thunderbolt. USB-C is not Thunderbolt. USB-C is a connector that can transmit different types of signals (Power, USB 2.0, USB 3.x, USB4, DisplayPort, USB + DisplayPort, Thunderbolt, VirtualLink). Not all USB-C ports can transmit all types of signals. Learn more about those signals and connectors on wikipedia.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this work with the iPad Pro 11 inch?
- Asked by Ryan D from Carson City
- Flag as inappropriate Does this work with the iPad Pro 11 inch?
Will this work with the Sky Q app on an iPad Pro.
- Asked by John D
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with the Sky Q app on an iPad Pro.
Will this work with the new iPad pro 11"
- Asked by Jaxson R from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with the new iPad pro 11"