How well will this work with bootcamp / Steam on bootcamp
- Asked by Polina V from Pompano Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (How well will this work with bootcamp / Steam on bootcamp)
6 Answers from the Community
It is Macintosh-compatible only. As of July 2018, the Blackmagic eGPU is not supported on any version of Windows, or in Bootcamp, according to their FAQ page at their website.
- Answered by Matthew R from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is what I found on the Blackmagic website in the FAQs for the product. You can find the FAQ link at the bottom of the product page.
"There are no limitations for the Blackmagic eGPU to work on the Windows platform. However, at the time of writing we believe there are some compatibility issues with the Windows platform, which means that we don't recommend using the Blackmagic eGPU with the Windows platform yet. We expect these limitations to be fixed in future updates from Windows computer vendors"
- Answered by Matthew P from Provo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Not at all, per Blckmagic’s FAQ there is no support for eGPU on bootcamp.
- Answered by Dylan A from Cromwell
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Mac firmware deactivates its integrated GPU when an external GPU is detected while booting into a non-macOS operating system. This can cause the Windows boot to freeze if an eGPU is installed, but the eGPU forum has a post on getting it to work: egpu.io/bootcamp-setup-guide-tb3-macbook-pro/
- Answered by Meredith E from Menlo Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
this is brand new people haven't yet tested this out with bootcamp, considering that alot of newer egpus with the latest updates in windows 10 work almost fault free I wouldn't say this wouldn't work but I don't know if it would. Apple has a return policy so if you wanted to buy it and try it in bootcamp if it doesn't work or you can't get it to work then return it.
- Answered by Paul K from Pelican Waters
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
From blackmagic design website.
Does Blackmagic eGPU works on Windows using Bootcamp?
No, Apple’s Bootcamp software does not currently support eGPUs.
- Answered by Waikit T from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
- Asked by Kevin C from Chatswood
- Flag as inappropriate (When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
Can Mac Pro have a preloaded Bootcamp?
- Asked by James B from Elkridge
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Mac Pro have a preloaded Bootcamp?)
- Asked about: Refurbished Mac Pro 3.7GHz Quad-Cor…
No answers yet