Is an external monitor mandatory in order to use the Blackmagic eGPU (as is the case with other external GPUs)?
1 Answer from the Community
I think it works with internal display and does not require external display judging from this from blackmagic design website:
"Built on revolutionary 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 technology, the Blackmagic eGPU connects to your computer using a single cable for both power and data. The incredible speed of Thunderbolt 3 makes it possible to transfer massive amounts of data from the computer to the Blackmagic eGPU for image processing and acceleration. "
"The Blackmagic eGPU is always ready for use, simply by plugging in the Thunderbolt 3 cable."
- Answered by Waikit T from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Would this work to connect a Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder to my late 2016 MacBook Pro?
- Asked by James H from Charleston
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this work to connect a Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder to my late 2016 MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
How do I connect iPod Shuffle to external speakers
- Asked by Walter R from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect iPod Shuffle to external speakers)
- Asked about: Apple iPod shuffle USB Cable
Is there a shortcut to force the macbook recognise the external monitor.
- Asked by Peter C from New Farm
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a shortcut to force the macbook recognise the external monitor.)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter