Can it go into portrait mode with the stand it comes with? If not, can it go into portrait mode with a VESA mount?
3 Answers from the Community
@ Benjamin - Thanks for responding. I learned that the monitor doesn't officially support portrait mode but I tried rotating the orientation into portrait mode in an Apple store and it worked. (I didn't rotate the monitor itself, just the presentation.) So I went ahead and bought one and put it on a VESA mount and portrait mode has worked fine for several months now. In fact it's worked fine using two of these monitors in portrait mode. I'm using a 15" 2017 MBP. Not sure why it's not officially supported. Perhaps I'm risking something, but it's been great so far.
- Answered by J B M from Pasadena
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The stand does not support portrait mode but the screen does. With a VESA mount to orient the screen portrait mode will work fine
- Answered by Dave B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No it can't, it only supports landscape orientation.
- Answered by Benjamin W from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can this product be turned around into portrait mode?
- Asked by Rahul K
- Flag as inappropriate Can this product be turned around into portrait mode?
Can the new button be changed in settings to default to portrait mode? Or slow motion for the video option? Please incorporate this option!
Can this display rotate into a portrait configuration?
- Asked by Rylan M from Murrells Inlet
- Flag as inappropriate Can this display rotate into a portrait configuration?