Will It support Apple Super Drive and usbc Monitor?
I only have 2 USB c port on Macbook Air I use one for charging and another to connect to my USB C Display, I also have a Super Drive that I want to use also but I have to unplug the charging port and use an apple adapter for it. I just got this so I can use the Apple Super Drive also for my Monitor, will I have any issue or need driver?
- Asked by Hua Feng W from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Will It support Apple Super Drive and usbc Monitor?
3 Answers from the Community
The Apple SuperDrive requires a direct connection to your computer or with an official Apple USB-C adapter. It is not compatible with other branded USB-C hubs or adapters. Also, It appears the USB-C port on the adapter is meant for pass-through charging. You would be better off connecting your USB-C monitor directly to one of the Thunderbolt 3 ports or using the HDMI port on the adapter.
- Answered by Alexander M from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This Satechi Adapter does not work with the Apple USB SuperDrive. Got a notice about insufficient power. Connecting my USB-C charger to the adapter did not solve the problem. My Apple branded USB-C Adapters did not have this problem. I don’t understand why Apple is selling an adapter that does not even work with its own products. The USB-C port is only for charging so it definitely does not support any data/video or USB-C monitor.
- Answered by Tom V from Santa Monica
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You would be fine using this, yeah! You just gotta pop it into your Mac without any additional drive or adapter.
- Answered by Lester S from Tondo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
- Asked by Christopher D V from Crosby
- Flag as inappropriate does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?
- Asked by John D from Shelburne
- Flag as inappropriate What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?
Will my PS4 be able to drive this monitor with the proper adapter?
- Asked by James W from Strasburg
- Flag as inappropriate Will my PS4 be able to drive this monitor with the proper adapter?