Would this work for target display mode with a 2009 27 inch iMac running macOS Sierra and a 2019 16 inch MacBook pro?
I haven’t had success using a Belkin HDMI to Mini DisplayPort adaptor to activate target display mode. The target display feature was removed in Mavericks, so it should function on the iMac. The Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable has allowed me to use the iMac’s Mini DisplayPort port as an output, so the iMac’s port isn’t broken.
- Asked by Orlando C from Mt Waverley
- Flag as inappropriate Would this work for target display mode with a 2009 27 inch iMac running macOS Sierra and a 2019 16 inch MacBook pro?
2 Answers from the Community
Well, it didn't work for me, no matter how many ways I tried and followed lots of online advice. I have a 2019 16 MacBook pro and tried to connect it to a mid 2011 27 inc iMac running High Sierra using it's Mini DisplayPort. Nothing happened. I also tried to connect my Mac Mini 2018 to the iMac - same .. nothing. Tried safe mode, tried resetting SMC, tried a different set of cables, tried all ports, CMD-F2 just did nothing... VERY ANNOYING. I've given up actually for now...... it was for my Mac Mini, but I set it up using HDMI and my TV and then setup shared screen and access it remotely using my MacBook Pro. I just need it to run development task in background.
- Answered by David C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a 24" 2009 (early) iMac that I bought the cable for extending the screen on my 2017 MacBook Pro. Didn't work. Will try and get my money back.
- Answered by Phil H from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with MAcOS High Sierra?
- Asked by Frazier S from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with MAcOS High Sierra?
Will it work with a 2018 MacBook Pro running High Sierra even though specs say Mojave and later?
- Asked by Harris R from Northcote
- Flag as inappropriate Will it work with a 2018 MacBook Pro running High Sierra even though specs say Mojave and later?
Will this device work on a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
- Asked by Barbara S from Eight Mile
- Flag as inappropriate Will this device work on a macOS High Sierra 10.13.6