My 3rd-generation iPod's (dock connector/touch wheel) Firewire cable doesn't fit my new iMac. Another USB cable doesn't charge the iPod. Will this?
I tried the USB cable that came with my iPhone, but it only syncs the iPod and doesn't charge it.
1 Answer from the Community
This apparently is to be expected - older iPods need FireWire to charge it seems but can sync over USB. I discovered this recently when I gave my 40GB 3rdGen to a microsloth-using friend.
Your iMac doesn't have a FireWire port? I thought they all had at least one. If you have only the newer FW800 9-pin connector, you can get an adapter to go to 6-pin FW400.
- Answered by Anthony D from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a Bose Connector for my old iPod.it charges it as well my new iPod Nano doesn't fit...will this work? Linda
- Asked by Linda C A from Barrie
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Bose Connector for my old iPod.it charges it as well my new iPod Nano doesn't fit...will this work? Linda)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)
Will this cable connect to an Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)?
- Asked by Mark T from Salt Spring Island
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this cable connect to an Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)?)
- Asked about: Belkin Micro-USB to USB Cable with …