How can I connect 2 external displays to macbook air. I can connect 1 via the thunderbolt but need similar arrangements for the 2nd.
My external display is HP Elite Display E231 and has VGA, DVI and HDMI ports
2 Answers from the Community
You can only hook up one display on MacBook Airs. Alternatively, you can get third party USB graphics card that will support a second display, but you will run into issues. MacBook Pros (13 and 15) support 2 or more displays.
- Answered by Tony O from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I am able to connect my macbook 12 inch to 2 external monitors, one with HDMI port and the other using wifi on an Apple TV. I run into small kinks in my system like the wifi based monitor has a small, sometimes unnoticeable lag, where as the monitor using HDMI runs flawlessly.
I run both external monitors as separate displays.
- Answered by Cory P P from Bismarck
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I connect a Thunderbolt 1 hard drive to the display (and therefore to my 2017 Macbook) via the apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 dongle?
- Asked by Cortney F P from Summerfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a Thunderbolt 1 hard drive to the display (and therefore to my 2017 Macbook) via the apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 dongle?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display