how do i connect an apple cinema 30" to my iMac 5k 27"
- Asked by Brock H from Woodland
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect an apple cinema 30" to my iMac 5k 27")
2 Answers from the Community
Hook up your Minidisplay port through Thunderbolt on your iMac, and also connect USB to your iMac. DVI to your 30”.
- Answered by William W from Dewitt
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Get a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort (female) adapter. Then you can connect the Apple Mini DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI Adapter.
An alternative is a USB-C to DisplayPort (female) adapter with a DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI Adapter.
Thunderbolt 3 devices, Thunderbolt docks, and USB-C docks may have one or more DisplayPort outputs which you could also use. A Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter is the simplest device with two DisplayPorts.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2