Will Airport Express or Extreme improve my I-Phone reception? I am in a big building where ATT signal is extremely weak, cannot receive or make calls
3 Answers from the Community
If you have internet already, you can contact AT&T and tell them that you have poor reception in your home. They offer a 3G MicroCell that routes your calls through your internet connection. We have poor reception at our home, and AT&T offered this to us for free. It has worked well enough for the past several years. We use the MicroCell with an airport Extreme.
- Answered by Lora L B from Olympia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you subscribe to broadband internet, a Microcell might be the solution (a quick search on Google or Amazon will bring it up). In layman's terms, the Microcell is a "cell tower" that connects to your broadband connection via Ethernet, your phone connects to it as if it is a standard cell tower and you can then make and receive calls as you would with "full cellular service". It is also AT&T branded, so you won't violate any "agreements" with AT&T. On a side-note, the Microcell is considerably more expensive than the AirPort Express. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Chris M from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. It has nothing to do with AT&T's wireless signal capabilities. It only works as a wireless router to use with WiFi on your device to provide data access for apps and such. You could use it to make "internet" calls via Skype or FaceTime.
- Answered by Sweet John M from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I use multiple airport extremes to improve connectivity in a house?
- Asked by Steven P from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use multiple airport extremes to improve connectivity in a house?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Is the 3.5mm RemoteTalk cable required to make and receive phone calls?
- Asked by Arthur F from Englewood
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the 3.5mm RemoteTalk cable required to make and receive phone calls?)
- Asked about: Beats Studio3 Wireless Over‑Ear Hea…
do you have to turn on anything in the setting of the phone to make the adapter to work
- Asked by Robert K from Reidsville
- Flag as inappropriate (do you have to turn on anything in the setting of the phone to make the adapter to work)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack A…