Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro
The product description it is for a MacBook Air. I just want to be sure it will work in my MBP
- Asked by Bernie D from Croydon
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro)
4 Answers from the Community
doesn't work with the new MB Pro with Retina which doesn't come with an Ethernet port. You will have to cough up the thunderbolt version.
- Answered by Walter K from Carmel
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Sometimes you actually do need 2 working Ethernet ports. I can think of many applications for 2 ports.
Many network firewalls use one port for incoming traffic and the second for outgoing traffic.
With that said the adapter does work on a MacBook Pro, but this may change in future updates.
- Answered by Daniel B from Maryville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Derek K from Hanover
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Your MBP already has an Ethernet port so you shouldn't need this adapter. Only if your ethernet is busted on your MBP then this would make sense to buy. That being said, It will work on your MBP.
- Answered by Anthony V from West Springfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Ethernet and USB Pass Through?
- Asked by Ernest C from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Ethernet and USB Pass Through?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbol…
Will this work to connect a USB Superdrive to my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Cynthia L from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work to connect a USB Superdrive to my MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter