How does it operate when used with a 4:3 TV or a 16:9 TV? Does it crop or letterbox for either? What are the limitations and expectations?
I am looking for the expectations of the performance when this cable is used with different TV aspect ratios. What is the native signal (4:3 because it is a composite signal or 16:9 because the iphone4 is that size?) Willl it be full screen on an old 4:3 (non-HD TV), or full screen on a 16:9 (HD TV). or both?
1 Answer from the Community
Great question, I've been trying to solve an issue related to this: when I use the cable with my iPhone 4 to watch YouTube its just full screen and appears fine. However when I watch an iTunes movie on any tv in the house the sides are clipped off. I'm missing about an eight of the screen on both sides, and its full screen.
- Answered by Daniel E from Monroe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Do I have to have a 4K television in order for this Apple TV to work?
- Asked by Michael B from Scottsdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to have a 4K television in order for this Apple TV to work?)
- Asked about: Innovelis TotalMount Pro Mounting S…
what cable or cord is needed to connect the ipad 4 to the television
- Asked by Shada T from Parkville
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable or cord is needed to connect the ipad 4 to the television)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Which adapter is the least costly and can be used to connect my iPhone 6s to my hdmi television
- Asked by Leroy F from Kings Mountain
- Flag as inappropriate (Which adapter is the least costly and can be used to connect my iPhone 6s to my hdmi television)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …