What do the TV out settings do? What are the NTSC and PAL settings?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (What do the TV out settings do? What are the NTSC and PAL settings?)
1 Answer from the Community
To get an idea of what you are dealing with first let's get a little history of NTSC and PAL.
Broadcast television systems are encoding or formatting standards for the transmission and reception of analog television signals. Today, there are three main analog broadcast television systems in use around the world. These are NTSC, PAL, or SECAM. NTSC: National Television System Committee is the analog television system used in most of North America, most of South America except Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and French Guiana, Burma, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, and some Pacific island nations and territories. PAL: Phase Alternate Line is an analogue television encoding system used in broadcast television systems in many countries. SECAM: Séquentiel couleur à mémoire, French for "Sequential Color with Memory" is an analog color television system first used in France. These systems have several
components, including a set of technical parameters for the broadcast signal, a system for encoding color, and possibly a system for encoding multi-channel audio. In digital television, all of these elements are combined in a single digital transmission system.
NTSC is also the name of the U.S. standardization body that developed the broadcast standard. The first NTSC standard was developed in 1941 and had no provision for color television. For additional information you can Google 'Broadcast television systems'.
- Answered by Delmos D from Tallahassee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Do I have to have a 4K television in order for this Apple TV to work?
- Asked by Michael B from Scottsdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to have a 4K television in order for this Apple TV to work?)
- Asked about: Innovelis TotalMount Pro Mounting S…
Does it have parental settings ?
- Asked by Johan R from Auckland
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have parental settings ?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB