Can I connect a tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire connection for daw control, can I plug the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt
Basically can I connect my tascam dm3200 digital mixer which has a FireWire port for daw control using my FireWire cable out of the mixer into the FireWire to thunderbolt then thunderbolt to thunderbolt 3 adaptor into a thunderbolt 3 port on a new 15” 2018 MacBook Pro.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. That should work. I can use those two adapters to connect a FireWire hard drive for example.
Other FireWire solutions are:
1) A dock with a FireWire port such as the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock.
2) A Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion box with a PCIe FireWire card. A PCie card can have 3 FireWire ports.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do i connect my fw800 devices to thunderbolt macbook pro?
- Asked by Markos A from Carss Park
- Flag as inappropriate (How do i connect my fw800 devices to thunderbolt macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you connect a macbook to firewire device?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter