The Mag Safe Plug for the Air is different than the MBP. Will this adaptor work on the MBA
- Asked by Mike M from Uniontown
- Flag as inappropriate (The Mag Safe Plug for the Air is different than the MBP. Will this adaptor work on the MBA)
3 Answers from the Community
Although I don't own one (yet) from looking in to this the answer seems to be:
- Yes, this will work if you have an old MagSafe power adapter for a MBP and want to use it to charge a computer using the newer MagSafe 2 port
- Using a higher rated power adapter is NOT a problem - will only supply the power that the computer connected needs, so no damage, no faster charging than normal
- Using a lower rated power adapter IS a problem as it will not supply enough power
See: support apple com /kb/ht2346
- Answered by David P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It is designed to adapt any original MagSafe cable to MagSafe 2, but you still need to make sure the amount of power on the cable matches the power needed for the laptop.
- Answered by Timothy M from Hillsboro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If I understand you right, you have the old MagSafe that you want to use on a new MacBook air from your old MacBook pro. Unfortunately this probably will not work well because the MacBook pro uses a higher wattage charger that isn't the best for the MacBook air. At least as far as I know.
- Answered by Kevin C from Havertown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will this work with a new MacBook Air 11"?
- Asked by Benjamin D from East Cowes
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a new MacBook Air 11"?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
No answers yet
will the usb adaptor work in the UK?
- Asked by James C from Santee
- Flag as inappropriate (will the usb adaptor work in the UK?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1m)