how do you tell the difference between a 60-watt charger and an 85-watt charger?
2 Answers from the Community
No need to do any math. If you have a genuine Apple charger the first line on the side (narrow side opposite of cable going to laptop) will state 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter.
- Answered by Russell D from Baton Rouge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Look on the adapter's side. If like mine your vision is not good enough - shoot it with your iPhone and enlarge on a bigger screen. Wattage is voltage multiples by amperage (max current). If you see "Output: 20V = 4.25A max." it's 85 watt charger. Hope it helps.
- Answered by Sergey Z from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this cable work with the newest (released 2018) 18 watt USB-C charger?
- Asked by Marton C from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Will this cable work with the newest (released 2018) 18 watt USB-C charger?
When referring to wattage, is it in the cable or the charger? Or both?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate When referring to wattage, is it in the cable or the charger? Or both?
Do these ear buds need a charger
- Asked by Catharine L from Spotsylvania
- Flag as inappropriate Do these ear buds need a charger