How do you safely disconnect the USB MacBook Air SuperDrive from MacBook Pro? Normally you dismount (eject) before disconnecting an external device.
MacBook Air SuperDrive is model # A1379 and will be connected to MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running Yosemite V10.10.5. DVD has been ejected and removed from the SuperDrive. Normally you would eject an external device (iPod etc) before you would remove the connecting USB cord. Is the eject not required as the SuperDrive itself doesn't have any internal information/data on it? Also, is it normal for the SuperDive not to show up in the Finder sidebar?
1 Answer from the Community
It does not show in the Finder unless you have a disc inserted in the drive. This is also how it is for computers that have built in optical drives. You also don't need to eject anything (except the disc in the drive) before you unplug it.
- Answered by Dillon A from Cumberland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do you safely disconnect the camera connectors? Normally you have to dismount before disconnecting.
- Asked by Anonymous A
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you safely disconnect the camera connectors? Normally you have to dismount before disconnecting.)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?
- Asked by Brianna H from East Albury
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter support a MacBook USB superdrive?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
How can I keep the USB hub charging while Macbook Pro is not connected?
- Asked by J Robert S from Minnetrista
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I keep the USB hub charging while Macbook Pro is not connected?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display