So is this new Superdrive USB 3.0 or 2.0 then? Would like to hope it was 3.0 to match the new specs of the Macbook Pro & Macbook Air?
2 Answers from the Community
Speed is only one factor here. The device is also powered by the USB. My external SuperDrive actually has two separate USB 2 plugs, not for speed, but for enough power to run the device. USB 3 has more power and its more efficient. Playing a DVD consumes a lot of power from the plug, and would be much better with USB 3.
- Answered by Jeffe A from Murphys
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The same question was asked and answered yesterday. It is not USB 3.0, but 2.0. Disk reading/writing does not occur at speeds fast enough to necessitate the jump from 2.0 to 3.0.
- Answered by Todd J from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I this Adapter the new USB 3.0 Camera Card Reader for iPad Pro?
- Asked by Gerard M L from Collingwood
- Flag as inappropriate (I this Adapter the new USB 3.0 Camera Card Reader for iPad Pro?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter