How much power does this 45W Magsafe 2 consume when it is plugged in to the wall socket and unplugged at the laptop end?
I take this laptop to school to laptop daily and I don't carry the charger. The charger is tediously connected to a multiple output surge protector which also connections to my PC and printer. So the laptop charger will always be on and everyday I only plug in the other magnetic side to charge the laptop. Will this harm the adaptor and will it consume power in that state where it is connected to wall socket but the laptop isn't connected (the status light will be off and the adaptor doesn't heat up at all like it does during charging).
1 Answer from the Community
Not very much. It stays completely cool when not in use, more so than most adapters. I do not have any numbers about that thou and presumably small leak currents vary more easily.
It is designed to be always connected, so there is no harm to the adapter under normal circumstances. Lightning etc. might still cause damage to it and it is usually recommended to unplug electric devices if they are not used for longer periods.
- Answered by Petri S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How much power does this 61W power adapter consume the electricity, If I only left it plugged in the main but not plug in my MacBook?
- Asked by Johan T
- Flag as inappropriate (How much power does this 61W power adapter consume the electricity, If I only left it plugged in the main but not plug in my MacBook?)
- Asked about: 61W USB‑C Power Adapter
how do I use this cable to charge my phone? how does it plug into the wall socket?
- Asked by Roy L from White Plains
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I use this cable to charge my phone? how does it plug into the wall socket?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable