can thunderbolt and mini display port be used interchangeably? to watch hdtv using 15 in mac pro, do i use the thunderbolt slot to connect mini cable
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, you use the thunderbolt port to connect a Mini Displayport cable or adapter.
- Answered by Ryan G from Abbotsford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, thunderbolt port & mini display port is one & the same on 2011 macs.
The difference would be on the cables/adaptors you are using & where you would be connecting your mac to.
- Answered by Amador Jr M from Olongapo City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will the mini display plug fit in the thunderbolt port for connecting Mac book Pro to HDMI port of tv?
- Asked by Lori W from Rainbow
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the mini display plug fit in the thunderbolt port for connecting Mac book Pro to HDMI port of tv?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI …