Will this cable support Thunderbolt 2 speeds when connecting two Thunderbolt 2 rated devices?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. The cabling is exactly the same in both Thunderbolt 1 and Thunderbolt 2. As long as both devices support it, you'll get the faster 20Gbps speed.
- Answered by David S from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it support thunderbolt 2?
- Asked by Henry A from Fairfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support thunderbolt 2?)
- Asked about: LaCie 2TB Rugged Thunderbolt + USB-…
is this an active or passive thunderbolt 3 cable?
- Asked by Ozgun S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate (is this an active or passive thunderbolt 3 cable?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) Cable (0.8 m)