Will this cable work as a connector to my iMac 2009 to make it into an external monitor for my current model Macbook Pro?
I'm looking for a thunderbolt cable that will allow me to use my old iMac (2009) to be used as an external 2nd monitor for me Macbook Pro Retina.
1 Answer from the Community
No, a Thunderbolt cable cannot be connected to anything else but a Thunderbolt port. You must use a Mini Display Port cable to use an iMac 2009 in Target Display mode.
- Answered by Peter S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there a way for this SuperDrive to work on a mid 2009 Macbook Pro?
- Asked by Collin O from Grand Rapids
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way for this SuperDrive to work on a mid 2009 Macbook Pro?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Will this work for a 13 inch mid-2009 Macbook Pro?
- Asked by Nolan Q from Bryan
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work for a 13 inch mid-2009 Macbook Pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter